Whether on a company transfer or renting as an individual, we provide a specialist service to meet your needs as tenants.
We offer a detailed system to find an appropriate let, we arrange viewing and once you have found a property we will obtain the necessary references to allow you to apply for it.
A date of entry will be agreed and on that day you will sign the relevant documents, pay a security deposit .and a month’s rent in advance. You will also complete a standing order for subsequent rents to be taken directly from your account.
Below are notes, which are compiled from the questions most, asked by tenants:
|Utilities:||You are responsible for the payment of gas, electricity, telephone and council tax whilst lease holder. At date of entry we will write to the relevant authorities to transfer accounts into your name, however you will be ultimately liable to ensure that bills are paid and finalised at vacation.|
|Inventory:||You will receive at date of entry, a detailed inventory of the property showing a complete list of contents and their condition. You should note that if there is no comment beside any item then it is regarded as being in good condition. You must advise us within 7 days if there are any discrepancies in the inventory.|
|Repairs:||All repairs must be instructed by the managing agent. You will be responsible for advising us if any equipment, fittings or part of the structure become defective in any way. If you instruct any repairs directly, you may be liable for the costs. You will be provided with a trades list for emergencies|
|Adverse weather:||Please remember that as occupier, you will be responsible for ensuring that the property is adequately heated and ventilated. Should you be absent from the property for any length of time during adverse weather, you will need to ensure that the water systems are drained down or the property is sensibly heated.|
|Inspections:||Periodic inspections are carried out by us on behalf of the landlord. These inspections are made by prior arrangement.|
|Gardens:||As tenant you will be responsible for the upkeep of the garden unless a maintenance contract is in place. The condition of the garden will form part of the inventory.|
|Rent:||Rent is payable as a condition of the tenancy. It will be your responsibility to ensure the rent is paid on time.|
|Deposit:||A security deposit will be taken at the commencement of the tenancy and held in an approved deposit scheme. The deposit will be returned to you at the end of the tenancy subject to any agreed dilapidations or outstanding rent.|
|Insurance:||The landlord’s buildings and contents cover will not extend to your personal items and you should obtain your own cover. We can offer assistance in arranging insurance. Accidental damage caused by the tenant is not covered by the landlords insurance.|
Points to remember
- Written authority must always be obtained before any pets are allowed.
- Any mail received at the property not for you should be passed to our office.
- As occupier your are responsible for a TV licence.
- No satellite dishes or aerials can be erected without permission.
- Should you require to vacate the property, notice must be given in accordance with the terms of the Tenancy agreement.
- All keys must be returned to us on or before the date of termination of the tenancy. Retention of the keys is construed as a continuation of the tenancy and would render you liable for additional rental payment.
- The property on vacation must be in clean condition, particularly bathrooms, kitchen cooker and utensils. Curtains, carpets and bedding (if any) should always be left freshly laundered and tidy.
- Household rubbish should always be disposed of as well as any furniture items brought in by the tenants.
- If you require any further information please contact us.